There is an old 1963 Toyota land cruiser which has been put up as a memorial (I think) at the ATS settlement just outside of the city. The people who live around the area don’t seem to take much notice of it but I’m curious to why it is there.
I believe it may have been one of the first vehicles used by the Air Traffic Services back in the day but I couldn’t make out what was written on the plaque. However, the first line reads
The Green Beast
1963 Toyota Land Cruiser…
The vehicle is fenced off (as you can see from the photos) and well preserved which is a testament to the quality of machines built in that era. However, it has seen its fair share of vandalism with graffiti dabbled with marker on the fence gate.
Anyway, I plan to find out more about this interesting piece history and maybe write a short article on it.
If anyone who has any information that can help with my article, please do not hesitate to email me at email@example.com
- Business › Toyota to begin Land Cruiser Prado production in China (japantoday.com)
- 2014 Toyota Land Cruiser Car Review (kbb.com)
- The Toyota Land Cruiser, “We’ll know how long it lasts when the first one wears out.” (tejastoyotablog.com)
- 2014 Toyota Land Cruiser Gets UK Pricing, Specs (autoevolution.com)
- TOYOTA Land Cruiser (wheelsdealers1.wordpress.com)
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado Modellista accessories introduced (worldcarfans.com)
- After 50 Years Off-Road the Toyota Land Cruiser is Better Than Ever (hendricktoyotascionconcord.wordpress.com)